Framework Manager – Off Site Modular Construction – South Wales
About the Client
A leading main contractor who specialise in the field of off site construction, and are experts in providing modular construction solutions. They deliver their projects across every market sector. Over the past 25 years they have grown from a modular into a significant main contractor, delivering schemes up to the value of £90m as Principal Contractor. They have strong business units in the Netherlands, Germany and now look to put their stamp on the UK market and attract the best candidates in the sector to help them grow in the UK market.
About the Role
Having been awarded a place on some multi million pound frameworks in the region, they will deliver a range of off site construction solutions to the housing, health, education and regeneration sectors over the coming years. They require an experienced Framework Manager, who has a background in modular construction, and who has dealt with all elements of pre construction and construction delivery for end clients.
The role and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To lead the design of individual projects
- To lead the production of feasibility studies
- To represent the company with framework clients on any issues that arise
- To represent the company at all client meetings
- To lead the production of project specific programmes
- To manage the resources on the frameworks and report back to the UK Manager with any issues
- To assist in the commercial management and reporting of costings on projects
- To carry out audits to ensure compliance with regards to health & safety on all projects.
- To communicate with the project teams and help manage the delivery of all projects.
It would also be beneficial if the candidate has experience in being involved in the bid writing and management process, and have the qualities that prove an asset in this field, ie:
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Relationship building and developing skills
- Creative thinking – introducing new ideas and encouraging creativity within the teams.
- Awareness of the bidding process, with a solid understanding of how to write a bid or tender response.
What You Need to Succeed
- A strong background in modular or main contractor construction
- Educated to a degree level in Construction Management.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- An ability to demonstrate leadership skills and inspire project teams
- A solid understanding of UK building regulations and Health & Safety
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
What You Get in Return
- A senior position with the company
- An opportunity to help lead a team through a sustained period of growth
- A competitive salary and package
DCS Recruitment and all associated companies are committed to creating a working environment where diversity is celebrated and everyone is treated fairly, regardless of gender, gender identity, disability, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or transgender status, age, or nationality