The interview process varies from one potential employer to the next, therefore preparation, planning and research are absolutely crucial.
Beready:Prior to attending an interview alwaysreview your CV and application forms, you will be expected be familiar with both. Use genuine work experiences to demonstrate your skills and attributes to reassure the interviewer that you’re right for the job. Competency Based Interviewing are becoming more popular, so ensure you qualify your comments to back up your answers and response. Always find out as much information as possible about the company and the role prior to attending the interview. Review the company’s website and any social networks to make sure you are aware of their services, sectors, including projects and values.
Your questions: Show real interest in the role and the company. Be prepared with thoughtful and insightful questions. This is your chance to ask questions so you can decide whether the opportunity is right for you. For example:
- Find out what are the future plans for the company?
- Is there investment in training and development?
- What are the potential career opportunities in the next few years?
- Culture is important, find out what the interviewer feels are the key points of the organisation?
Their questions:Be prepared with answers for questions you think they may ask. For instance:
- Why do you want this position?
- What do you know about the company?
- Be ready to provide examples of your strengths.
- Why are you looking for a new position?
- What are your greatest achievement to?
- What are your aspirations for the future?
- What can you offer your new company?
Always remain positive!
Finally, remember to ask what the follow-up procedure is and when will you hear from them.
To find out how DCS can help you take the next step in your career, contact us today.
Our knowledge and experience ensures our clients have peace of mind when working with DCS Recruitment.
Our industry-leading clients offer a vast number of opportunities for experienced quality candidates.
If you would like to speak to us about our recruitment services or would like to find out more about our experience and expertise, get in touch today.