DCS Recruitment are looking for a compliance officer /buyer on behalf of a civil engineering contractor. This role is on a permanent basis and you would be working in their offices based out of Ashton in Makefield.
This role will look at a 60/40 split between compliance and buying
Junior and senior levels of experienced people are welcome to apply.
An established contractor based in North West England and operating primarily in the North West, North Wales, West and South Yorkshire and the Midlands. They initially concentrate on large scale, civil engineering, motorway projects involving road planing, carriageway reconstruction, pavement maintenance and repairs, drainage works and new build schemes.
They are looking for someone who will merge in well with the exsiting team and believe in the values to which they work by: Trust, Passion, Integrity, Reliability and Honesty.
As a Compliance officer you will be crucial in ensuring that each area of the business is operating at its highest efficency and managing all documentation and record keeping for tenders, project works and company systems.
Duties within the role will include but not limited to:-
- General Health and safety including completing risk assessments and ensuring the office is compliant
- Reviewing/amending policies where needed
- Implementation of ISO9001, ensuring all internal quality is up to standard from start of audit to finish.
- Making up various quality documents where needed such as HR, H&S, policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Keep an up to date schedule for anything expiring within the company i.e. insurances due, services, pat testing, fire equipment etc.
- Keeping accident book and ensuring it is completed, along with accident investigation forms and reporting if needed.
- Ensure compliance with current laws and legislation
- Assist HR department with things such as keeping an up to date training matrix and other admin duties.
- In charge of company vehicles, ensuring they are taxed, MOT’d, have adequate safety kits, ensure vehicle handovers are completed as well as regular audits & inspections
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including sort all incoming mail and deliveries and manage outgoing mail, scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, carrying out research and creating reports.
- In charge of issuing/retracting fobs/keys/work equipment & overseeing the key safe
- Completing DSE assessment for all staff and new starters
- Gathering information/researching/pricing up products/services of various suppliers for the business
- To seek quotes on prices and availability of materials from a variety of suppliers
- Manage and report on the accumulative cost of all new purchases
- Ensuring that all materials comply with health and safety guidelines
- Keep the project estimating team fully briefed on the cost of materials.
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products
- Regular checks for inventory including PPE
- Annual Salary between £25k – £50k – DOE and agreed at interview level with director.
- 29 days Holiday, after 5 years service then increasing by 1 day per year up to 34 days total
- Compnay Pension Scheme
- Company Bonus’ scheme based on overall profitabilty of compnay within the given year.
Your Attributes & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of construction and civil engineering supply chains
- Similar previous role within compliance or quality assurance
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Able to work within a small team
- Create a great working atmosphere
- Task focussed and able to meet daily deadlines
- Organised and methodical approach to issues and tasks
- A proficient use of Microsoft Excel, alongside other Microsoft Office software, would be highly desirable
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to support a wider team of work colleagues where required
- Resourceful person and keen to learn in order to take on new responsibilities
A person with a diploma or similar qualification related to either compliance, quality assurance or buying would be desirable, but this isn’t mandatory. We will also be happy with an experience-led career and someone looking for longevity in a role to grow with the company and a willingness to learn.
If this role is of interest to you, please forward your up to date CV or alternatively call Leonne on 0161 212 2308 (option 2)
DCS Recruitment and all associated companies are committed to creating a working environment where diversity is celebrated and everyone is treated fairly, regardless of gender, gender identity, disability, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or transgender status, age, or nationality